Turning a page...
I changed the site. I changed the template, the comments, the font. Everything. I now regret that change. Sort of. I mean, I think I was trying to change my identity completely. Like, if I change the template, somehow I'm made anew, right?
Wrong.
But I am different. I mean to say, I have gained self-discipline, patience, kindness. I still don't recognize the girl from some of my older entries. So angry. So mean-spirited. So worried about what other's thought of her. Empty is a good word for that girl.
So here I am, Internet. After all the drama. After my husband cheated. After the childish tantrum that ignored the kids and focussed on selfish indulgence. There were moments I thought I'd die. There were moments I wanted to die. There were moments I just KNEW nothing was ever going to get any better. But I kept that burning coal of hope somewhere inside my soul and refused to allow its escape. And here I am.
Wrong.
But I am different. I mean to say, I have gained self-discipline, patience, kindness. I still don't recognize the girl from some of my older entries. So angry. So mean-spirited. So worried about what other's thought of her. Empty is a good word for that girl.
So here I am, Internet. After all the drama. After my husband cheated. After the childish tantrum that ignored the kids and focussed on selfish indulgence. There were moments I thought I'd die. There were moments I wanted to die. There were moments I just KNEW nothing was ever going to get any better. But I kept that burning coal of hope somewhere inside my soul and refused to allow its escape. And here I am.

<< Home