Because this kind of stuff excites me...(and because I've been poor for so long now)
Saturday night we went on a date. We ate oysters on the half shell. We drank Rosemount Shiraz. We had scallops, clam strips, coconut prawns, and halibut. And best of all, we had fun together. It's so nice to be with someone who enjoys all the same things I enjoy.
I used to cook special dinners for my husband all the time, and most of the time he wouldn't eat them. I didn't cook the foods he liked to eat. Now I'm cooking all those same foods again, and I've finally found someone who truly appreciates them. Last night I made a five-course meal by candlelight:
1st Course: Spring mix salad with red and yellow cherry tomatoes, shaved carrots, pinenuts, and a raspberry vinaigrette
2nd Course: Butternut Squash soup with fresh ground pepper and a couple fresh basil leaves
3rd Course: Portabello mushroom ravioli with a basic marinara sauce, fresh grated parmesan and fresh chopped basil leaves
4th Course: Grilled lamb with greek seasoning and steamed vegetables (yellow and green zuchini, cauliflower, broccoli, and carrots)
5th Course: Fresh mixed berry compote layered with vanilla yogurt, chilled in wine glasses
I understand that this post has to blow more than any other single post in the history of blogging. However, I could give a fuck. For whatever reason, I wanted to share my recent eating habits. This food excites me. It's weird. I know. Get over it. It's me.
Saturday night we went on a date. We ate oysters on the half shell. We drank Rosemount Shiraz. We had scallops, clam strips, coconut prawns, and halibut. And best of all, we had fun together. It's so nice to be with someone who enjoys all the same things I enjoy.
I used to cook special dinners for my husband all the time, and most of the time he wouldn't eat them. I didn't cook the foods he liked to eat. Now I'm cooking all those same foods again, and I've finally found someone who truly appreciates them. Last night I made a five-course meal by candlelight:
1st Course: Spring mix salad with red and yellow cherry tomatoes, shaved carrots, pinenuts, and a raspberry vinaigrette
2nd Course: Butternut Squash soup with fresh ground pepper and a couple fresh basil leaves
3rd Course: Portabello mushroom ravioli with a basic marinara sauce, fresh grated parmesan and fresh chopped basil leaves
4th Course: Grilled lamb with greek seasoning and steamed vegetables (yellow and green zuchini, cauliflower, broccoli, and carrots)
5th Course: Fresh mixed berry compote layered with vanilla yogurt, chilled in wine glasses
I understand that this post has to blow more than any other single post in the history of blogging. However, I could give a fuck. For whatever reason, I wanted to share my recent eating habits. This food excites me. It's weird. I know. Get over it. It's me.

<< Home