Friday, December 19, 2003

My friend, Christina.

When I was sixteen, I met my friend Christina. We had the same taste in men, the same love of alcohol, and the same juvenile goals. We were very much the same. Until I got married.

I married my husband when I was twenty, in 1995, and we had Chynna in 1996. Christina and I became distant. We've remained friends - very close friends - over the years, but we have created very different lives for ourselves.

I am writing to you now because my friend is in trouble. Tonight I convinced her to start a blog. I believe writing her feelings down will help her. She's in a bad place and she doesn't share her feelings well. I believe the blog will help her share her feelings. And I convinced her that the blogging world would embrace her feelings, her thoughts, and her struggles. I believe that.

So I'm asking you, as a favor, please visit her blog. Not just today, but please add it to your list. Visit it daily. Give her your own struggles. Your encouraging thoughts. Your views and advice. She needs to hear from as many as will speak out.

I thank you in advance for your thoughts, advice, and consideration.