Mi Vida Weekend
This weekend was crazy. You see, when my mother remarried, she remarried into a trailer-trash family. And you know what, I don't care if they all read this (which really is only because I know none of them can read). So when it comes to family gatherings, it's my mother and me against all thirty members of "the other side". And this year was especially colorful, what with my step-sister tossing wine from left to right as she waddled room to room in a drunken state, and my nazi three-year-old step-nephew mumbling worship to Satan, and his atheist mother and her boyfriend - which are always a treat considering my mother and her husband and their undying love for Jesus Christ. And then there's the members who show up just in time to eat, eat, and then they're gone. Such class.
On Saturday I was at a Christmas event with both step-sisters, husband and boyfriend in tow, along with all the kids our three families produce, and my mom and her husband, and his sister and her husband and their two children. Fourteen of us total. And we went to dinner after the event. And that's when it all blew up.
You see, my one step-sister is young and not very intelligent, but happens to know everything (so if you ever need to know anything, I'll give you her number and you can just call and ask her 'cause she'll know the answer). And she gets fired or quits every job and I think it's because she hates working and would rather live off the system and her family (which happens to put a lot of strain on my mother's marriage, and that REALLY upsets me). So anyway, we're at this great Italian restaurant and I ask if they'd like to split a pizza between their son and my kids because it would save us money. Of course they agree. So when it's time to pay for the meal everyone wants their own bill (don't ask - it's a west coast thing). So I ask my step-sister and her husband if I could give them the money and have them put the pizza on their bill since my meal was going on my mom's bill, and they agree, and I pretty much pay for the whole thing which I think is pretty fair because they offered me the leftover pizza which was more than half the pie. OK, so then I realize that I haven't even started to cover the gratuity with what I gave them, so I walk up and hand them a couple more dollars to MAKE SURE I'm being fair and considerate and all that. And the next thing I know they are gone - with the pizza!
OK, now let me make this clear: it's not about the money OR the pizza. It's fucking a few dollars and some food. I'll live. It's that I go out of my way to be considerate and I hate my consideration being met with such INconsideration. Enough of that, because the whole thing really just pisses me off.
In other (better) news, Kerry received her package and is looking ever-lovely in the necklace I sent her.
Hope you all had a wonderful holiday. Send safe thoughts my direction, along with good weather. Oh, and maybe you could ask your God to throw in a decent smelling person to sit next to me on all five flights. Thanks.
This weekend was crazy. You see, when my mother remarried, she remarried into a trailer-trash family. And you know what, I don't care if they all read this (which really is only because I know none of them can read). So when it comes to family gatherings, it's my mother and me against all thirty members of "the other side". And this year was especially colorful, what with my step-sister tossing wine from left to right as she waddled room to room in a drunken state, and my nazi three-year-old step-nephew mumbling worship to Satan, and his atheist mother and her boyfriend - which are always a treat considering my mother and her husband and their undying love for Jesus Christ. And then there's the members who show up just in time to eat, eat, and then they're gone. Such class.
On Saturday I was at a Christmas event with both step-sisters, husband and boyfriend in tow, along with all the kids our three families produce, and my mom and her husband, and his sister and her husband and their two children. Fourteen of us total. And we went to dinner after the event. And that's when it all blew up.
You see, my one step-sister is young and not very intelligent, but happens to know everything (so if you ever need to know anything, I'll give you her number and you can just call and ask her 'cause she'll know the answer). And she gets fired or quits every job and I think it's because she hates working and would rather live off the system and her family (which happens to put a lot of strain on my mother's marriage, and that REALLY upsets me). So anyway, we're at this great Italian restaurant and I ask if they'd like to split a pizza between their son and my kids because it would save us money. Of course they agree. So when it's time to pay for the meal everyone wants their own bill (don't ask - it's a west coast thing). So I ask my step-sister and her husband if I could give them the money and have them put the pizza on their bill since my meal was going on my mom's bill, and they agree, and I pretty much pay for the whole thing which I think is pretty fair because they offered me the leftover pizza which was more than half the pie. OK, so then I realize that I haven't even started to cover the gratuity with what I gave them, so I walk up and hand them a couple more dollars to MAKE SURE I'm being fair and considerate and all that. And the next thing I know they are gone - with the pizza!
OK, now let me make this clear: it's not about the money OR the pizza. It's fucking a few dollars and some food. I'll live. It's that I go out of my way to be considerate and I hate my consideration being met with such INconsideration. Enough of that, because the whole thing really just pisses me off.
In other (better) news, Kerry received her package and is looking ever-lovely in the necklace I sent her.
Hope you all had a wonderful holiday. Send safe thoughts my direction, along with good weather. Oh, and maybe you could ask your God to throw in a decent smelling person to sit next to me on all five flights. Thanks.

<< Home