Anniversary
Today would have been my eight-year anniversary. I tried to forget about it. I tried to bury the feelings deep inside. I've been keeping myself busy with work and the holiday in an effort to get past today without an outburst of emotion.
But my (ex)husband just called me. At work. In the middle of an important meeting. And I answered. And he found it necessary to remind me. Like I didn't already know. As if I'm not already devastated. As if he hasn't done enough.
I'm sorry, but I have too many hats to wear as it is. I have to be Heather, CEO's assistant. Heather, Office Manager. Heather, single mother of two who rarely receives any type of child support. Heather, daughter of divorced, remarried parents who still love each other but won't barely talk and keep Heather in the middle. Heather, housekeeper. Heather, bill payor. Heather, laundry goddess. And rarely just Heather.
So the last "hat" I have time to wear is Heather, doormat. Heather, personal punching bag. Heather, puppet (just pull my strings!).
Today would have been my eight-year anniversary. I tried to forget about it. I tried to bury the feelings deep inside. I've been keeping myself busy with work and the holiday in an effort to get past today without an outburst of emotion.
But my (ex)husband just called me. At work. In the middle of an important meeting. And I answered. And he found it necessary to remind me. Like I didn't already know. As if I'm not already devastated. As if he hasn't done enough.
I'm sorry, but I have too many hats to wear as it is. I have to be Heather, CEO's assistant. Heather, Office Manager. Heather, single mother of two who rarely receives any type of child support. Heather, daughter of divorced, remarried parents who still love each other but won't barely talk and keep Heather in the middle. Heather, housekeeper. Heather, bill payor. Heather, laundry goddess. And rarely just Heather.
So the last "hat" I have time to wear is Heather, doormat. Heather, personal punching bag. Heather, puppet (just pull my strings!).

<< Home