Thursday, December 09, 2004

A GOOD ONE

So I worked out with a friend the other night. And while I was laying upside-down on the ab machine - crunching my little heart out - I saw someone I recognized. "Alex?!", I yelled out, upside-down. "Yes, ma'am." "Alex, it's Heather", I said as I righted myself and stood up. Alex was a guy in high school who liked me, seemed to want to date, but he was too "good" for me. I was a party girl and he was the geek we all expected to become a doctor or lawyer (WHAT was I thinking?!). Alex was genuine and sweet, the opposite of anything for which I was looking at the time. Anyway, within five minutes he had told me he's not married, no children, owns a house in a great part of town and is a paramedic. Might I add that he has a kickin' body!!! I got his number and we'll see how this turns out. Let me tell you, friends, how much Heather deserves a really nice guy in her life. I am so good at picking truly rotten people. Liars, manipulators. Cross your fingers that this one's different.