Wednesday, June 22, 2005

My life, in brief...

My book came in the mail today. Captivating by John & Stasi Eldredge. I'm very excited to begin reading. John Eldredge wrote a book several years ago called Wild At Heart, which discusses fundamental truths about men and how to not stifle the core of their being, I guess. I haven't read the book, only heard about it through friends. This book - Captivating - was recommended to me by a new *friend*, Margaret Jacobsen. (It's difficult to find a word other than friend for people I know and like and speak to on a familiar basis, but who are not YET my friend). Anyway, I enjoy Margaret, I like the way she interacts with her daughter and her husband, and overall trust her opinion that this would be a good book for me at this point in my life. So I went online to Christianbook.com and ordered this book for less than I found it anywhere else. I was impressed with the expedient shipping, and also the coupon that came with my order for free shipping on my next order. That's gonna cause me to order again.

I'm headed out to my childcare class tonight. I small hurdle in this divorce. I'm so glad it's almost over. Do you realize it's been 2 1/2 years since I left him? A little more, actually. I spent eight years with Julian and reached several major milestones with him in my life, so it wasn't easy letting go. But GOD HAS IT BEEN WORTH IT. I don't know that I would have ever grown up, ever started contemplating WHO HEATHER IS, ever taken control of my life and the consequences of my actions, if I had stayed with him.

I'm liking this blog. Every time I see it, I realize what a true representation it is of me. Or, at least, I can find the parallels between this blog and Heather. One I realized today: it's different, it's not like it used to be; everything about it has changed on the outside because I was trying to change it. And I wanted to get rid of the old posts. But I didn't. I don't feel like I can. Which is good, because ultimately, here's what you've got: you've got me, growing, evolving, vulnerable, at different stages of my life, some embarrassing, some I'd like to forget. But it's all me. Sometimes it's not so pretty. Sometimes it's downright ugly. And it tries to change. Change color, change font. But it's always me.

Anyway, got to go. Ciao, dear blog. I've really missed you.