Thursday, July 14, 2005

Hodge Podge

I'm realizing that the title may just have to come after the post, i.e. I'll write the title once I've completed the post. And actually, that brings up something I learned recently. I was confused as to the difference between i.e. and e.g. So here it is: i.e. (id est) means "that is", while e.g. (exempli gratia) means "for example". I wrote it down on one of those tiny post-it notes - the ones good for marking a page or writing a one-sentence note to post on a document - and stuck it to my monitor right next to that verse I've been trying to memorize. I've memorized the difference, but I've yet to memorize the verse. However, I think I came up with a catchy little tool: LJ PP KG FG and self-control. There are reasons I believe I can memorize it that way, nicknames of old friends and such. I just couldn't seem to remember all the fruits, dammit!

OK, so...

The kids and I are driving to Seattle this weekend to see my Aunt and her new husband, whom I've never met (the husband, that is) and my cousin Annabella, and her new husband and baby, both of whom I've never met. My mother will be there. I don't know if my other cousin, Candy's son Mike, will be there. What's sad is that I haven't seen my aunt in about 15 years and we live three hours apart. I'm excited to see her and hopefully reestablish some sort of relationship.

OK, this post has been in draft form for too long. I'm going to publish and work hard to keep up with the daily goings on around here...