Thursday, June 26, 2003

Heather from the block

Do you ever have days where you really want to communicate via your blog, but you really just don't know how to organize your thoughts? Like, there's about ten things I want to share with you right now, but none of them are related - they're all pretty random. And so I could do something like Dooce where I give you a list of "wholly unrelated statements". Or I could just bullet a bunch of sentences like Sarah B. does. Or I could just ramble on and on about how I really want to share with you all of these unrelated items, but never really actually share anything with you at all.

New thought.

Or I could just invite you all to my house in August for a kick-ass blog block party. I'll be Heather from the block. And Summer from the block would show up in her now scratched new car, with JR from the block and Texas T-Bone from the block. And then Naaman from the block would arrive with his beautiful wife, Irina from the block - with Jimbo from the block in tow, of course. (Maybe y'all could hike here?) And Nessa and Dave from the block would totally show up with salvaged pieces of the old cabinet and that groovy orange and brown flowered mattress that causes me to reminisce about Barbie and Ken make-out sessions and "True" by Spandau Ballet. And as soon as I'm reminded of make-out sessions, I'm also OF COURSE reminded of Sarah B. from the block, who'll totally bring the bottle and some great red lipstick. And Ben from the block wouldn't show up, because opening up that west coast wound so soon just wouldn't be smart. And Kerry from the block would totally bring Liz from the block, and maybe even D from the block, just in case the landing gear on the plane won't go down and D has to pull some amazing stuntman-type moves out of his ass to save all the passengers. And Susan from the block? You're invited, too, because you'd bring Truffula Trees to help me fall asleep at night. And really, what girl doesn't need Truffula Trees to fall asleep at night?