Wednesday, May 28, 2003

Odiferous

I am employed by one man. My work revolves around the agents who are part of my employer's team. In the three years I've been here, there are always one or two agents at any given time who annoy me to no end. One of the current agent's occupying this role made an appearance at our office today, and it was the first time I've met him in person.

And for as much grief as he causes me, and as many times as I've hung up the phone, after speaking with him, stewing in my seat and wondering why I continue to subject myself to the abuse of males stuck in the fifties, who believe a woman could not possibly know more than them in any given subject, I was not surprised today at all when he walked into the office with his puffed chest, navy polyester blazer with gold sailboat buttons, and wreaking of Stetson cologne. Touche.