Wednesday, May 21, 2003

While You Were Out

So I was watching television again, this weekend, and I noticed that Oregon was THE place to be for a couple of my favorite shows. Bobby Flay was eatin' up hazelnuts and wine in the Willamette Valley. I love that guy. I want to marry Bobby Flay. He's one of my biggest crushes - this year, anyway.

And then there was "While You Were Out". They were in Portland. And not only were they in Portland, they were at the house of a girl that I knew in junior high school (we didn't have middle school back in the day). So I'm watching and I see Sarah, and I recognize her immediately because she hasn't changed. At least, her look is the same. And I think it's really cool that I actually know someone who's on this show. So I'm watching and I'm watching and then my daughter comes over and says, "Hey! That's my teacher. Well, she's a teacher at my school, anyway." Turns out, Sarah Dzieken (if I remember how to spell it correctly) is now Ms. Dzieken, a second-grade school teacher at my daughter's school. How's that for coincidence?