Divorce Hurts Everyone Involved
He may have gotten the freedom, my heart, slumber-filled nights, and the DVD player. He may only have to cook/clean/plan/budget/care for one. He may be holding onto the trust, safety, peace of mind, and companionship I seem to be lacking now. He may not feel as if there's a giant floodlight attached to a humongous microscope, daily revealing all of his inadequacies. Like somebody just ripped his heart out of his body and all he can do is stumble forward, helpless and empty - staring. He doesn't have to worry about 102 degree temperatures, 3 AM nightmare alarm clocks, stocked refrigerators and pantries, slumber parties, scrapes and bruises, parent-teacher conferences, college savings plans, pink eye and chicken pox, heartbreaks, fights, "I love you"'s and "I hate you"'s all in the same day, little league schedules or math assignments, or any of the other freaky nuances of having children.
Yeah. I definitely ended up with the better end of the deal.*
He may have gotten the freedom, my heart, slumber-filled nights, and the DVD player. He may only have to cook/clean/plan/budget/care for one. He may be holding onto the trust, safety, peace of mind, and companionship I seem to be lacking now. He may not feel as if there's a giant floodlight attached to a humongous microscope, daily revealing all of his inadequacies. Like somebody just ripped his heart out of his body and all he can do is stumble forward, helpless and empty - staring. He doesn't have to worry about 102 degree temperatures, 3 AM nightmare alarm clocks, stocked refrigerators and pantries, slumber parties, scrapes and bruises, parent-teacher conferences, college savings plans, pink eye and chicken pox, heartbreaks, fights, "I love you"'s and "I hate you"'s all in the same day, little league schedules or math assignments, or any of the other freaky nuances of having children.
Yeah. I definitely ended up with the better end of the deal.*

<< Home