All you need is love.
I can't believe, after the day I had yesterday, how many people who do not know me rallied around me in complete support. All of the AIMing and e-mails and comments and friends at home - it was like one gigantic safety net held by a bunch of people with one common intent: love. It is so encouraging to know that there are other people out there in the world who are simply just nice, good, heartfelt, and loving.
Love is all you need.
P.S. OK, enough of this shit. I'm done being all girly and cheesy and shit. Sometimes I remind myself of Sally Field in 'Steel Magnolias'. There's a scene right after her daughter dies where she's walking home and her friends are trying to console her and she allows the moment and the feelings and the flood of emotions to overtake her and she breaks down and screams and cries, and then all of a sudden she says, "NO!" and instantly returns to this strong woman who will not allow herself to lose control, and she picks herself up and dries her tears and talks herself into being calm and collected again. That's me. Right in front of your eyes I will break down and lose control and cry with total and utter despair, and then all of a sudden I'll stand up straight, paste a smile back onto my face, dry my tears and continue moving forward. Of course, I'm finding out more and more that I'm not the only one who acts this way. This is simply the first time I'VE had to deal with the influx of opposing emotions.
OK. Seriously, folks. That's it. I swear. (At least for now.)
I can't believe, after the day I had yesterday, how many people who do not know me rallied around me in complete support. All of the AIMing and e-mails and comments and friends at home - it was like one gigantic safety net held by a bunch of people with one common intent: love. It is so encouraging to know that there are other people out there in the world who are simply just nice, good, heartfelt, and loving.
Love is all you need.
P.S. OK, enough of this shit. I'm done being all girly and cheesy and shit. Sometimes I remind myself of Sally Field in 'Steel Magnolias'. There's a scene right after her daughter dies where she's walking home and her friends are trying to console her and she allows the moment and the feelings and the flood of emotions to overtake her and she breaks down and screams and cries, and then all of a sudden she says, "NO!" and instantly returns to this strong woman who will not allow herself to lose control, and she picks herself up and dries her tears and talks herself into being calm and collected again. That's me. Right in front of your eyes I will break down and lose control and cry with total and utter despair, and then all of a sudden I'll stand up straight, paste a smile back onto my face, dry my tears and continue moving forward. Of course, I'm finding out more and more that I'm not the only one who acts this way. This is simply the first time I'VE had to deal with the influx of opposing emotions.
OK. Seriously, folks. That's it. I swear. (At least for now.)

<< Home