Tuesday, July 22, 2003

Rollin' On the River

Because I only have a few minutes:
  • I went camping this weekend with my dad's side of my family, who all live in Portland, or within an hour of Portland
  • Kids were not allowed
  • Yes, I did say a FAMILY camping trip
  • Yes, I did say kids were NOT ALLOWED
  • Everyone around me drank like fish, including grams, who kept falling over her chair after two cups of Mudslide
  • Grams decided the second morning would be a good time to inform everyone she's dying of cancer
  • Everyone around me drank like fish EVEN MORE
  • I scaled the side of a twenty-foot waterfall so I could get to the top, look down into the pool of river water, and jump
  • Once at the top, I refused to jump off the waterfall into the water twenty feet below
  • I saw more stars in the sky at night than that time I went to a campground in Sedona, Arizona when I was seventeen
  • I spent Sunday morning sitting in a tub of natural hot spring water with my cousin, Patrick, who just turned 21 and had lots of Boy Scout stories for me
  • I was chased through the forest by a very angry bee, who didn't give up until I got to my car
  • I came home to a sick little boy with a 102 degree temperature (I first wrote that as "120 degrees", but that would have been REALLY BAD.)
  • I have been working from home for the past two days, because I CAN
  • I cannot escape the 95 degree weather in my house, so I've actually been working FROM MY POOL
  • I have to take some completed projects to work, so I'm hasta for now