Janet is Mike's mom.
So I've been really into saying "your mom" as a response to everyone and everything. My assistant and I have been going back and forth all day.
Shirl: Do you want me to file this?
Me: Your mom wants you to file it.
Me: Can you fax this to Marcie, please?
Shirl: Your mom can fax it to Marcie.
You get the point.
My boss was just on his way out the door. We were talking about a new contest, and that there are flyers I can now find on our intranet and print off for our bulletin board.
Boss: You can supposedly go online now and print those flyers off the website.
Me: Maybe your mom can print them off the website.
Shirl: (flashes me a look, open-mouthed - unable to speak)
No, but what you all need to understand is that I really meant that Janet could print them off, 'cause she's got the cool color printer and everything.
So I've been really into saying "your mom" as a response to everyone and everything. My assistant and I have been going back and forth all day.
Shirl: Do you want me to file this?
Me: Your mom wants you to file it.
Me: Can you fax this to Marcie, please?
Shirl: Your mom can fax it to Marcie.
You get the point.
My boss was just on his way out the door. We were talking about a new contest, and that there are flyers I can now find on our intranet and print off for our bulletin board.
Boss: You can supposedly go online now and print those flyers off the website.
Me: Maybe your mom can print them off the website.
Shirl: (flashes me a look, open-mouthed - unable to speak)
No, but what you all need to understand is that I really meant that Janet could print them off, 'cause she's got the cool color printer and everything.

<< Home