Thursday, March 06, 2003

Last Saturday Night

My assistant just turned twenty-one. Her family and friends took her to a strip club, and I was invited. Of course I said yes. Anyway, that's not even important to the story, because the really funny part was driving home. We all decided to move the party back to her parents' house because they have a full-service bar downstairs in their home. And I'd never been there, had driven by myself to the strip club, and they wanted to make sure I found my way to the party. So "the aunt" - whom I've never met before this night, mind you - rode with me in my car. We were talking about men, and relationships, and what's attractive when it comes to men, and all of a sudden she shocked me with these fatal words:

"They gotta have the mullet. I loves me a mullet!"

No. Dude. She was totally serious.