Wednesday, November 20, 2002

NEUROTIC

Me. That's me. I know I'm completely neurotic. So, I've been trying to hide it, rather unsuccessfully. It's true. Raising two children, living in a brand new city 2500 miles away from all my family and friends, with a husband who wants a divorce (after I've put up with seven years of hell), and the holidays fastly approaching. Yep. I'm losin' it. I mean, I completely went on a rant yesterday. I check my stats more than twice a day, along with sites where I've left comments (just to see what may have been said). The whole thing is just sad! I feel completely outside of myself, like I'm out of control. So, I was crying to my mother about it and she happily told me that she's been on Paxil for years. Whoa! Now, I know a lot of people need anti-depressants because their body chemistry is out of whack. But maybe it would have been nice of her to bring it up a bit sooner? Like, say, a couple years ago when I started going crazy! Wait - but here's the topper. She then adds that my grandmother has also been on Paxil for awhile.

(*blink*blink*)

Am I the only one finding RELEVANCE in this revelation??? So, my question for anyone who might read this and feel compelled to respond: How does this Paxil stuff work and what does it do to you? Like, what does it do to your moods, etc?