NERO
When people ask me for my favorite color, which is you know, like all the time, I'm not sure what to say. I mean, it's definitely black. I mean it's black when it comes to clothing. Black is so slimming and sheek and goes with anything in any situation or on any occassion. But what about on a living room wall? Which, mind you, is totally different from a bathroom wall or a dining room wall. In that case, I like a deep wine-burgundy-type hue, which just isn't what I'd use in the bathroom. Nope. The bathroom deserves a pale purple or nice sage.
Or maybe we're talking about cars. I was flipping through channels on Sunday and turned mid-show to a girl who's car was being given a makeover. They painted it lime green, orchid, and hot pink! I guess she was getting into too many accidents so they wanted to make sure people would see her a-comin'. I'm thinkin' this isn't gonna work, see, 'cause now people, when they see this...this...thing coming towards them, they're gonna be mesmerized by it's sheer lack of style and couth, and they're gonna go right through that red light, hitting the now dented, funnily painted car.
And how about furniture. I don't want my furniture painted. I like rich wood colors like cherrywood or oak. Now my daughter, she likes many, many colors on her furniture. Our next project is to paint her dresser about six different bright girly colors. I'm hoping she'll ask me to paint bright red right next to hot pink. I want a reason to do that. Something easily explained away, like, "Yeah, Chynna really wanted me to do it. Kids are so funny (laugh)."
And then there's white. I love being surrounded by white. It's so clean and crisp and pure and simple. Such my opposite.
But black. Precious black. I think, in the end, black wins out.
When people ask me for my favorite color, which is you know, like all the time, I'm not sure what to say. I mean, it's definitely black. I mean it's black when it comes to clothing. Black is so slimming and sheek and goes with anything in any situation or on any occassion. But what about on a living room wall? Which, mind you, is totally different from a bathroom wall or a dining room wall. In that case, I like a deep wine-burgundy-type hue, which just isn't what I'd use in the bathroom. Nope. The bathroom deserves a pale purple or nice sage.
Or maybe we're talking about cars. I was flipping through channels on Sunday and turned mid-show to a girl who's car was being given a makeover. They painted it lime green, orchid, and hot pink! I guess she was getting into too many accidents so they wanted to make sure people would see her a-comin'. I'm thinkin' this isn't gonna work, see, 'cause now people, when they see this...this...thing coming towards them, they're gonna be mesmerized by it's sheer lack of style and couth, and they're gonna go right through that red light, hitting the now dented, funnily painted car.
And how about furniture. I don't want my furniture painted. I like rich wood colors like cherrywood or oak. Now my daughter, she likes many, many colors on her furniture. Our next project is to paint her dresser about six different bright girly colors. I'm hoping she'll ask me to paint bright red right next to hot pink. I want a reason to do that. Something easily explained away, like, "Yeah, Chynna really wanted me to do it. Kids are so funny (laugh)."
And then there's white. I love being surrounded by white. It's so clean and crisp and pure and simple. Such my opposite.
But black. Precious black. I think, in the end, black wins out.

<< Home