Interview With A Couple Vampires
So I decided to interview my babes last night. They wouldn't go to sleep. They wanted to check out the computer. So I told them I was doing some real official research and needed their expert insight. D is a four-and-a-half-year-old boy, and C is an almost-seven-year-old girl. Here are the results.
What's the world made of?
D: God! (As if he just got it right. This seemed to be a trend with him.)
C: The world is made out of, um...I think the world is made out of sand.
Where does light come from?
D: Rain!
C: Electricity and I think it comes out of...from outside...from when it's, like, cloudy.
How many animals are in the world?
D: A hundred!
C: Five gazillion. Or more.
If you had $100, what would you buy?
D: A car!
C: What kind of car, D?
D: A vehicle! A BMW. M-10.
C: I would buy myself ice-cream...for a buck. Or two. And I would buy some Barbie's. And I would buy a screen door for us. (I don't know where that came from???) And I would buy us a key so that we could open the thingy downstairs so that we could have fires. (Again, huh?)
What's your favorite word?
D: I love you. (Awwwwww! Long pause...) And Superman. And Batman.
C: (After much deliberation) Ice cream.
Who's your favorite singer?
D: Britney Spears and Shakira. 'Cause I love them.
C: You can't marry them when you grow up.
D: Actually, yes I can.
C: No you can't. When you grow up they'll be, like, ten thousand!
D: Actually, no. Their birthday is Saturday.
Me: Chynna, who's your favorite singer?
C: Lizzie McGuire.
How much does mommy weigh?
D: Um, let me count you. (Proceeds to count with his index finger from my feet to my head.) TWENTY-TWO!
C: I think you weigh ten pounds.
(I have the best children on the entire planet!)
So I decided to interview my babes last night. They wouldn't go to sleep. They wanted to check out the computer. So I told them I was doing some real official research and needed their expert insight. D is a four-and-a-half-year-old boy, and C is an almost-seven-year-old girl. Here are the results.
What's the world made of?
D: God! (As if he just got it right. This seemed to be a trend with him.)
C: The world is made out of, um...I think the world is made out of sand.
Where does light come from?
D: Rain!
C: Electricity and I think it comes out of...from outside...from when it's, like, cloudy.
How many animals are in the world?
D: A hundred!
C: Five gazillion. Or more.
If you had $100, what would you buy?
D: A car!
C: What kind of car, D?
D: A vehicle! A BMW. M-10.
C: I would buy myself ice-cream...for a buck. Or two. And I would buy some Barbie's. And I would buy a screen door for us. (I don't know where that came from???) And I would buy us a key so that we could open the thingy downstairs so that we could have fires. (Again, huh?)
What's your favorite word?
D: I love you. (Awwwwww! Long pause...) And Superman. And Batman.
C: (After much deliberation) Ice cream.
Who's your favorite singer?
D: Britney Spears and Shakira. 'Cause I love them.
C: You can't marry them when you grow up.
D: Actually, yes I can.
C: No you can't. When you grow up they'll be, like, ten thousand!
D: Actually, no. Their birthday is Saturday.
Me: Chynna, who's your favorite singer?
C: Lizzie McGuire.
How much does mommy weigh?
D: Um, let me count you. (Proceeds to count with his index finger from my feet to my head.) TWENTY-TWO!
C: I think you weigh ten pounds.
(I have the best children on the entire planet!)

<< Home